Fjelltopp is seeking to hire an experienced...
Job type: Between half and full time work
(Depending on applicant's wishes)
Experience level: Middle or Senior
Role: Front-end Developer
Start: As soon as possible
Industry: Public Health Technology
Company size: 8 people
Timezone: Berlin +/- 2 hours
Salary: $60k - $84k USD per year
Summary | We are looking to hire a mid or senior level front end web developer, with specific experience in React and Jinja2 templating, to begin work as soon as possible. The role may be filled by someone looking for full time work, or someone looking for 50% or more part time work. The work will be focused upon our data harmonisation project for UNAIDS, The AIDS Data Repository and the HIV Tools Navigator.
Fjelltopp is on a mission to help harmonise the world’s health data | Better data means better decisions, which in our sector actually saves lives. We work with UN offices, NGOs and academia, especially in low and middle income countries such as: Malawi, Tanzania, Kazakhstan and Ukraine. Our work includes, but is not limited to, supporting public health surveillance, maintenance and development of interactive data dashboards, and Extract-Transform-Load tools for data integration. Working for Fjelltopp means: working on solutions that make a tangible difference where it most matters; no commute and flexible working hours; becoming part of a great team; opportunities to pursue what you are most interested in; potential to grow as the company grows. Find out more at our website or github.
Required Experience | The applicant must demonstrate two years or more of experience working with the following:
- Jinja2 templating
- Design and implementation of professional user interfaces
- Git version-controlled software development best practises
- Fluent spoken and written English
The applicant should demonstrate that they are:
- Motivated by the meaningful problems we solve.
- Dependable and able to proactively deliver the agreed work remotely.
- Confident, honest and constructive in their internal and external communication.
- Curious to independently learn new technologies and pursue career development.
- Experienced in leveraging technology against frontend design & web development.
- Technical work within the health sector, especially public health
- Data visualisation and statistical analysis
- Management of large heterogeneous datasets
- Software project management
- Business travel and client relationship management
Benefits | You'll be joining a great team with flexible working patterns making a real difference across the world.
- $250 - $350 USD per day ($60k - $84k USD per year) depending on your experience
- Bi-annual company retreats across Europe
- Your own personal training and development budget
- Flexible working hours
- Work from a co-working space, your home or anywhere you like.
- Your own personal home office budget
- Opportunity for travel (e.g. Tanzania, Côte D’Ivoire, South Africa, Madagascar, USA …)
Employment Type | This work is offered internationally as a contract for a freelancer in a B2B format, with a one month probationary period. As such you will be required to arrange your own taxes, pension, equipment and workspace. We currently have consultants working from Poland, Finland and the UK. If you are UK based there is the option to be on an employment contract with PAYE.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion | Fjelltopp Ltd is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each company member to feel respected and able to give their best. You can see our policy on this matter here.
Any questions? Just drop us an email... Contact Us