How we can help you:
CKAN Support Service
Organisations we are proud to work with
Data management and distribution via the world’s leading open-source platform.
CKAN is used internationally across large global communities to effectively manage and publish datasets. It has a huge number of open and free extensions that can provide additional functionality. We have extensive experience building CKAN based solutions to help manage data for some of the world’s biggest public health causes.
We’ve forged a long-term agreement with UNAIDS providing CKAN support, so if your UN organisation would benefit from CKAN based solutions, we can get to work without having to wait for a lengthy tender process first. We hit the ground running for you making sure your data is managed and shared and working for you.
CKAN can be a huge asset to many organisations who need support managing multiple data streams. Examples include:
- Divisions of the United Nations
- Programmes of the United Nations
CKAN is unique in its capability to manage large volumes of documents and datasets, searching and organising many different data streams simultaneously.
- Book a free consultation meeting to discuss what problems we can solve for you.
- We’ll build a work plan and budget, tailored to your needs, then get to work providing technical solutions and support.
- CKAN acts as a one-stop-shop for data authors, managers, owners and users to collaborate on data streams. Data is stored in a centralised web platform, providing effective data management tools.
- We partner with you, working together, holding regular meetings to monitor progress and keep everybody informed and updated.
- Comprehensive analysis and documentation of what your project requirements are, clearly identifying what problems need solving.
- A fully hosted and maintained CKAN instance, customising the layout and branding to your organisation’s requirements.
- Features tailored to your requirements, such as validation, versioning, metadata management, authorisation rules, automation and many more.
- Fully functioning API (application protocol interface) for interoperability with other systems.
- Ongoing technical support, maintenance and access to analytics, including training and developing local teams to take over hosting in the future.
What our client said about us
“Working with Fjelltopp has been a pleasure. The team is responsive to our technical needs, has quickly picked up the complexities of our substantive work, and has been forward-thinking by identifying solutions that our clients will appreciate.”
Dr Mary Mahy, Epidemiology Team Lead, UNAIDS Geneva
How we can help you
The AIDS Data Repository
Client: UNAIDS Geneva
Project size: $400 000+
Timeline: 2018 – Present
UNAIDS is a joint United Nations programme fighting HIV and AIDS. We work directly with the UNAIDS headquarters in Geneva, and the Epidemiology Team Lead Dr Mary Mahy.
Their goal: To lead and inspire the world to achieve universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
Their vision: Zero new HIV infections, zero discrimination, zero AIDS related deaths
Through this project we have also engaged with stakeholders from governments across Africa, the CDC, PEPFAR, and academic institutions across the globe.