How we can help you:
CKAN Support Helpdesk
Data management and distribution via CKAN: Support with the world’s leading open-source platform.
CKAN is used internationally within large global communities to manage and publish datasets efficiently. It has a large number of open and free extensions that can provide additional functionality. We have extensive experience designing CKAN-based solutions to help manage data for some of the world’s biggest public health issues.
We have entered into a long-term agreement with UNAIDS to provide CKAN support. If your UN organisation can benefit from CKAN-based solutions, we can start working to support you without waiting for a lengthy tender process. We are ready to act quickly to ensure that your data is managed, shared and used for you.
CKAN can be a tremendous asset to many organisations that need support to manage multiple data streams. For example:
- Divisions of the United Nations
- Programmes of the United Nations
CKAN is unique in that it can handle large volumes of documents and datasets, searching and organising many different data streams simultaneously. We’re here to support you in harnessing CKAN’s full capabilities.
- Book a free consultation to discuss the issues we can solve for you.
- We will build a work plan and budget tailored to your needs, then we will provide you with solutions and technical support.
- CKAN serves as a one-stop shop for data authors, managers, owners, and users to collaborate on data feeds. Data is stored in a centralised web platform, providing efficient data management tools.
- We are your partner, working together, holding regular meetings to monitor progress and keep everyone informed and up to date.
- Comprehensive analysis and documentation of your project needs, clearly identifying the issues to be resolved.
- A fully hosted and maintained CKAN instance, customising layout and branding to your organisation’s requirements.
- Features tailored to your needs, such as validation, versioning, metadata management, authorization rules, automation and many more.
- Fully functional API (Application Programming Interface) for interoperability with other systems.
- Ongoing technical support, maintenance, and access to analytics, including the training and development of local teams to support hosting in the future.
“Working with Fjelltopp has been a pleasure. The team is responsive to our technical needs, quickly understood the intricacies of our substantive work, and was proactive in identifying solutions that our customers will appreciate.”
Dr Mary Mahy, Epidemiology Team Leader, UNAIDS Geneva
The AIDS Data Warehouse
Client: UNAIDS Geneva
Project size: $400 000+
Timeline: 2018 – Present
UNAIDS is a program that is part of the United Nations system that fights against HIV and AIDS. We work directly with the UNAIDS headquarters in Geneva and the epidemiologist team led by Dr Mary Mahy.
Their purpose: to lead and inspire the world to achieve universal access to HIV prevention, treatment, care and support.
Their vision: No new HIV infections, no stigma, no AIDS-related deaths.
Through this project, we have engaged with stakeholders from governments across Africa, the CDC, PEPFAR, and academic institutions worldwide.